River Valley School District welcomes volunteer participation in our schools and fully understands the impact parent involvement makes on the education of the child. There are many opportunities in our schools to actively participate in the educational program.
In accordance with the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and RVSD School Board policy #916, volunteers are required to obtain the following clearances, disclosures, and forms:
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Act 34) *updated every 60 months
- Child Abuse (Act 151) *updated every 60 months
- Federal Criminal History Record (Act 114) *updated every 60 months
- If applicant has been a PA resident for the last 10 consecutive years, complete the Volunteer FBI Exemption Form.
- Arrest/Conviction Disclosure (Act 24) *submitted annually
- RVSD Volunteer Agreement Form *submitted annually